Monday, October 13, 2014

Day... off?

I'm really not entirely sure what to write today.  So take my hand and let's see where this thing goes, shall we?

Please don't expect all that much.  I had designated Mondays as my advertising/marketing/blogging days a couple of months ago, and I stuck to it pretty well, but the last few weeks have had other plans for me.  I went to bed last night with the realisation in my mind that I had achieved really well over the past week.  There were other things playing on my mind all week.  Things I couldn't change yet left me feeling like my kickass heels were buried in the back of the closet, and nothing I could do in my profesional life could quite manage to dig them out again.  There may have been an anxiety attack, and a pretty big case of the sads involved even.  Once I stoped and thought about what I had gotten done during the week, and reminded myself that actually I am pretty awesome, and not too many can kick it like I can, the clouds cleared.  I found my heels and those babies are firmly attached once more.

So, waking up today and realising that I really had no obligations was rather nice.  I wasn't on deadline and while I usually do all my social networking, advertising, marketing and just generally creative thinking on a Monday (when a gazillion images and product codes aren't dancing in front of my eyes from the "day job") I allowed myself to choose whether I even did anything at all.  If I wanted the day off, I would take it and if not, I'd get to it when I was good and ready and not a moment before.

Well, obviously I eventually got to it.  Not before plenty of down time and a good laugh with some friends.  Sometimes, it's not until you stop that you realise just how burned out you are.  I'm thankful I took the time to breathe, and laugh, and to restore some faith in those I love.

My birthday seems so long ago now, with all that's gone on in the last few weeks.  I did manage to take some images though with my newly acquired contact lenses in, which speak to what I do.  I was surprised that I don't look as weird as I first found myself without my glasses on too.

Here's to a productive week to come, with time to breathe, laugh and love.  With fingers crossed for a little luck too...

(um... you can let go of my hand now... ok?)


2 comments:

  1. You look very pretty in contact lens. Evey body needs some down time, even workaholics. Don't forget to do for you too. It is better for you to take down time than to wait til you are over-worked, over-tired and have to be down just to get well again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very true. I've always struggled with that balance. Doing well this week though!

      Delete