Saturday, March 29, 2014

Selfie Saturday


I take a LOT of selfies.  Most, you'll never see... for various reasons lol... but certainly my friends will know they see plenty (I am constantly changing my profile pic on fb and everywhere else).  It's partly because, like many people, I'm pretty insecure about myself and how I look.  It's nice to remind myself that actually... I kinda look ok.  I'm good... I don't need that paper bag lol.

The second reason is I just love playing with light and I have an almost obsessive drive to find spots where the lighting is just right.  I am incredibly fortunate to have several of these in my townhouse, just with natural light!







So for a little selfie like this I've got 10 shots, all in different spots and now I know "just" the one to get light like this which is my favourite of the 10.   I've seen the tricks and lighting setups they have in studios to try and get lighting like this (because it makes your skin look ah-mazing lol... I have great skin but it's by no means flawless) and here it is, just naturally, coming through my back door. 

The third reason I take lots of selfies is it's all practice.  It's that ten thousand hours rule really, and I absolutely plan to put every moment I can into honing my skills.  I figure if I can take a good... or even great image on a phone of myself, then I'm much more likely to take an amazing image of you with a great camera.

As my assistants would have me say... look at my butt lol.  I took it, I'm in it, it's my bed, and completely natural light.  If I can do that for myself... phew... just let me get my hands on you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment